RSS
I review the old and new, the mainstream and the obscure, the daring and the juvenile. Just a Little Critic that has an elephantine amount of praises, complaints, and outrageous statements to say about cinema of all kinds.

'Toy Story 3' and My Lack of A Witty Title


This little critic is reviewing a little known movie titled 'Toy Story 3.' Perhaps you've heard of it?
I know, I know. This came out almost a month ago. Why make a review now? Honestly, I hate crowds and avoid going to the theater the first few weeks when a movie comes out and I just started this blog the day before yesterday.

Right now, I'm trying to forget about the World Cup right now (sheer disappointment) to come and bring you what I thought of 'Toy Story 3.'

I don't feel the need to give a summary of the film as many of you have probably seen it or read about it by now.

Obviously, the third installment of the most famous Pixar franchise revolves around trustworthy Sheriff Woody and the rest of the old gang we all know and have come to love.

Since the first film came out in 1995, the generation of the 90's kids thought that it was "all that and a bag of chips," "the bomb," and we literally went "postal" just to see it. Okay, maybe we didn't go crazy, but I'm sure you can all agree it was one of the things that defined the mid-90's and our childhood.

What I loved about the film is that it finishes the journey of Andy's toys...in a sense, and leaves you feeling happy and bittersweet at the same time.

I watched this in 3D and while it was totally not worth it, I was happy I had the glasses to shield my tears from others. I knew no one would turn around to see my pitiful tears streaming down my face and call me "wuss!" but I was still happy those glasses were on my face.

My face behind the 3D glasses

All right, I didn't cry THAT much, but I couldn't help but tear up.

It's a great family film, but I think this really was geared more to the older audiences who watched the first 2 movies as children. By all means, if you have little children/siblings, bring them, but if they're under the age of 6, they may or may not get bored at some parts of the movie as they may not be able to understand the more serious parts of the film.

That was more of a precaution than a suggestion. I rather you would bring the kids to the theater to share the experience with you cause Toy Story is friggen awesome. :)

5/5

I'm not biased about my rating since I'm a Toy Story/90's kid.....ahhh, PSYCHE!

Totally biased, I don't care. Just watch it if you haven't. It's fun, sweet, and just plain great.

DVD/Blu-Ray worthy? Yes, to me. I could watch it again and I need to complete the Toy Story set, right?

Next review, 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' otherwise known as Heath Ledger's last movie before he died.

Keep on watchin'

The Little Critic

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitch...

There was a teenage girl crying like her dog died when I went to see it. I thought it was pretty sad and all, but still didn't tug at my heart strings the way Up did. That remains one of the most emotional movies for me.

Ok, I'm done plugging Up for no reason. I loved Toy Story 3. I wasn't a huge fan of Toy Story 2, but this completely made up for it. I still don't like Jesse, but she wasn't too major of a character in this one to bother me.

I cracked up at all the scenes involving Barbie and Ken, I thought they were really well done. I also loved the very first scene in the movie that showed how andy saw his playtime. It was very creative. Overall I loved the movie. I saw Despicable Me on Friday, and Toy Story blew it out of the water. I'd still recommend Despicable Me at some point, it's at least worth a rent.

- Mitch Stephenson

Anonymous said...

I loved it too! And, yes, I cried too! It had some pretty emotional parts in it for me, when they were about to fall into the fire pit thing and when Andy played with the little girl (who, I thought, was the cutest thing in the world! ...the little girl, I mean)

I took Kitty, who's five, to see it at the theater and she cried so hard at the part about the pink bear and the baby doll. She still goes to bed at night crying "I keep thinking about that baby!" It's really very sad.... She also said it was too scary.

Anyway, I loved the Toy Story series and I think this one fit right in. :))

-Meercat

Lisa-Marie (Not Presley) said...

Aww, "Meercat" ;)

Poor Kitty! Yeah, I was kind of sad there too...that bear is such a JERK. Oh my Gosh, I hate him more than the Prospector in the 2nd Toy Story hahahaha.

I wondered about the scariness too...It's not that it's scary, it's...INTENSE for some kids, I'm sure. But I still it ^__^

Lisa-Marie (Not Presley) said...

*Still love it ** lol

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 The Little Critic. All rights reserved.
Free WordPress Themes Presented by EZwpthemes.
Free Blogger Layouts | Bloggerized by Miss Dothy